CAD CAM Engineer
- - Tool Room -52
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Draw and design parts, fixtures, tooling and test equipment. Write programs for CNC machines and support the tool room in the manufacture of designs.
• Update all modifications to part prints and 3D data.
• Measure and determine proper machine function for finial sizing of components.
• Create new designs for products, production machinery, injection molds, and mold shop tooling and fixturing.
• Write and maintain postprocessors to support shop equipment.
• Assist in shop as needed.
• Reverse engineer from sample parts, drawings, CNC data, etc.
• Look for new ways to improve efficiency.
• Work with all internal customers to assure engineering meets their needs.
• Assist in developing specialty equipment.
• Provide input in projects, processes and procedures.
• Communicate to the appropriate personnel, any problem, idea, or solution, which pertains to Engineering Department and/or its interaction with other departments.
• Ensure compliance with all safety regulations.
• Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
• Complete all tasks following SOP's.
• Create data with Autodesk packages, SolidWorks and Cimatron software.
• Use measuring devices and help with trouble shooting.
• Communication with shop and maintenance personnel.
• Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
• Work without close supervision.
• Must maintain quality standards by separating/relocating non-conforming/sample material from conforming material.
• Design complete 3D CAD model of injection molded components and 2D component prints.
• Determine shop process routing for CNC projects.
• Create CNC tool paths, process drawings, and CNC documentation.
• Design and create equipment mechanical prints.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Qualifications / Education:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent in work experience.
• Knowledge of plastic materials, properties, processes, manufacturing methods, chemical properties, toxicological assessment, surface finishing, machining and fabrications.
• Strong technical background capabilities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to see a project through to completion.
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independent of direct supervision.
• Computer Aided Design training.
• Training on SOP's, forms and documents pertinent to position.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings.
• Experience in operating CAD software.
• Good Math Skills.