Sales Compensation & Analytics Manager
- Columbia - Columbia - Commercial Operations A
- Columbia , MD, USA
- Full Time
REPORTS TO: VP, Commercial Operations
Location: Columbia, Maryland
We are looking for an individual who help build and support a growing and highly productive sales organization using the latest sales tools and processes for CRM, incentive compensation, sales reporting, and territory design.
An ideal candidate will have experience in most of the systems and functions outlined, be analytical, an excellent communicator, and possess a strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
As the Senior Manager/Manager of Sales Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely incentive compensation, resolving sales data issues and disputes, managing our CRM system and policies, and overseeing and updating sales territory definitions. In this role, you will manage a team of administrator/analysts and work closely with US sales leadership and Global Business Intelligence.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in the Sales Operations team in accordance with Ambu's policies and procedures.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for jobs and goals, delegate responsibility, ensure accountability and provide continuous feedback.
- Lead employees using Ambu's performance management and development process, which provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution (e.g. goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning).
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Lead and oversee all incoming and outgoing projects.
- Implement annual incentive compensation system design; manage incentive compensation system to ensure accurate and timely commission payments.
- Monitor and analyze sales transaction data to identify data issues and ensure accurate sales compensation.
- Work with sales and Business Intelligence to ensure that sales representatives receive timely, accurate, and useful sales reporting. Identify and advocate for technological improvements and advancements in sales reporting.
- Setup, maintain, and modify sales territories, and provide a comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions using geographic information software.
- Create, administer, and enforce CRM data quality, and work with resources across company to integrate CRM with reporting, quoting, compensation, and call management systems.
- Promote and implement best-in-class sales operations model in strong collaboration with sales, marketing, and business intelligence.
Qualifications / Education:
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or relevant field with four to six years of experience in a similar type of role, preferred
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) while servicing internal and external customers
- Proven ability to work productively with sales representatives
- Experience in medical device industry and a good understanding of medical device sales organizations preferred
- Good understanding of sales compensation incentive plans and methods for administering these plans
- Experience with MapInfo or another similar software system
- Strong understanding of sales reporting and business intelligence systems
- Good technical aptitude for the variety of tools (e.g. Incentive Compensation Management, Price Admin, Excel, SQL, etc.) used in role
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and a team simultaneously
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly
- Demonstrated abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Proficiency in stakeholder management