Professional Sales Representative - GI (New Orleans)
- - GI - Reps
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- Full Time
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Director - GI
Job Classification: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for selling and promoting GI products in assigned geographic territory. Through developing/converting new accounts and expanding utilization in current accounts, you will ultimately be responsible for driving revenue and market share growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call on all accounts in respective territory to sell and promote Ambu's GI products
- Establish and maintain relationships with physicians, nurses, hospital management and other key stakeholders (purchasing decision-makers) in Endoscopy.
- Assist in the implementation of the corporate sales strategy.
- Travel regularly to assist in sales generation (e.g. trade shows)
- Assist in training sessions to individuals or groups to ensure all relevant clinical personnel are fully trained and competent in the use of Endoscopy products.
- Assist as a training resource for medical staff to enable them to conduct training for their personnel
- Complete all documentation to ensure compliance with quality manual and all corporate standards.
- Communicate market intelligence to marketing and team members of competitor's new product offering, pricing and promotion strategies in the assigned territories
- Perform and document any investigation regarding the disposition of any non-conforming process or component, and its effects on products manufactured and distributed by Ambu and relay results to the appropriate personnel.
- Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry
- Perform written and verbal communications to correspond with clients and superiors.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 40lbs
- Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with the quality standards.
- Meet or exceed established sales expectations.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to clients.
- Maintain complete and accurate communication to Regional Sales Director at all times.
- Manage sales territory within established expense levels.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of all documentation submitted to company.
- Provide timely submission of all required reports.
- Respond to problems, ideas, and solutions presented, in conjunction with corporate needs and policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and conduct in order to serve as a positive role model.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Maintain a strong commitment to quality at all times.
- Provide accurate, legible, and complete processing documentation.
- Follow the Ambu Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality agreement at all times.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
- 3-5 years of applicable sales experience
- GI Medical device sales experience in a hospital and/or medical facility, preferred
- Comfortable in a physician and clinical/patient care environment
- Proficient in all clinical modalities and product experience must be current
- Experience delivering presentations to medical/clinical personnel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must live in assigned territory
- Proven track record of success; documentation that outlines candidate has met or exceeded sales quota consistently
- Valid driver's license, in good standing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be in current position for at least a year and in good employment standing