National Sales Director, Strategic Accounts
- - Strategic Accts
- COLUMBIA, MD, USA
- Full Time
Reports To: Vice President, Sales - Visualization
Position Summary: As the National Sales Director, Strategic Accounts, you will be expected to lead a team of Strategic Business Managers (SBM). He/she will be responsible for implementing the strategy for this team while delivering incremental sales revenues based on penetrating each available area within the assigned account lists, while simultaneously leading a team that establishes strong customer loyalties across multiple departments. You must have a proven track record of leading teams who have sold in all applicable departments, have utilized value-based selling through Health Economic reporting, have run demonstrations, and have managed large scale evaluations from start to finish. Ultimately, you will lead the efforts in sustaining and growing our full line of Visualization businesses within our top customers to achieve short and long-term success.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Achieve 100% of your Sales Plan and assigned budgets
- Build a cohesive and successful team by inspiring, motivating, supporting, managing performance, sound decision making, and personnel development of the Strategic Business Managers within your Region.
- Provide high levels of communication with both the GI & Visualization Sales Management teams, AVPs, VPs, President, Marketing, Corporate Accounts, Human Resources and all applicable corporate support teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned key accounts and KOL's ensuring complete satisfaction and brand loyalty across categories.
- Assist with developing sales strategies to increase visualization product market penetration.
- Collaborate with AVP and RSD's to plan and coordinate sales activities to increase revenue within assigned portfolio.
- Navigate the visualization sales processes from C-suite to VAT committee approval.
- Ensure SBM team can organize and present Health Economics data to create value-based selling with all assigned accounts.
- Lead the team who serves as the intermediary between key customers and internal teams (AVP's , RSD's, Marketing, field sales representatives, and Clinical Training Specialists)
- Ensure team of SBMs can consistently present the Ambu Value story within assigned accounts to defend current position and promote future product growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of hiring and developing top talent.
- Provide consistent performance management of territory managers to ensure sales representatives are successful but also to terminate as necessary.
- Prepare regular reports of progress to include forecasts and opportunity pipelines to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Maintain sales expense budget as set by corporate management, including management of all personal and rep expenses as well as assigned budgets within the region.
- Ensure region pipelines are robust and updated consistently to ensure alignment with the Sales Plan.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to clients.
- Maintain complete and accurate communication to AVP and VP of Sales at all times.
- Manage sales team within established expense levels.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of all documentation submitted to company.
- Provide timely submission of all required reports.
- Respond to problems, ideas, and solutions presented, in conjunction with corporate needs and policies.
- Provide leadership in a manner which does not distract from a positive working atmosphere and relays the commitment of Ambu to the individual.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and conduct in order to serve as a positive role model for employees.
- Provide advice and recommendations to assist the Sales Directors & Representatives in making sound decisions to ensure the maximum efficient use of all personnel and equipment based on the needs of the company.
- Maintain a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors, and their departmental personnel, at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all SOP's.
- Provide accurate, legible, and complete processing documentation.
- Follow the Ambu Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality agreement at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in medical device/equipment sales management.
- 3-5 years of experience in selling to regional or national contracting organizations, preferred.
- Proven track record of consistently overperforming and excelling throughout your career.
- Highly organized and able to manage a large pipeline of perspective clients.
- Expert in analyzing and interpreting Health Economic data to drive conversions and penetration in strategic accounts.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Experience in project management showcasing the ability to orchestrate teams and plans to ensure successful outcomes.
- Strong business acumen in data analytics, sales software (e.g. CRM), and Microsoft Office.
- Ensure that all organizational activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Use standard method of transportation to travel to client locations.
- 70%+ overnight travel to visit with field team, prospects, customers, and to attend tradeshows, as well as regional, corporate, and national meetings.
- Ability to interact and form relationships with C-level management and KOL's in our focus markets.
- Proficiency in stakeholder management.
- Genuine interest in understanding the relevant clinical areas and customer settings in order to see opportunities for value creation.
- Structured and systematic approach to tasks.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page