Regional Sales Director - GI (San Francisco)
- - GI - RSD
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Full Time
Reports To: Area Vice President, Sales – GI
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the sales activities for "GI Visualization" products with the expectation of consistently achieving sales and expense budgets in the assigned regional territory.
*Products not responsible for: "Non-GI related Visualization, Core, EMS, and PMD" product lines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet 100% or better of your Regional Sales Plan and assigned budgets
- Build a cohesive and successful Region by inspiring, motivating, supporting, managing performance, sound decision making, and personnel development of the Sales Representatives within your Region.
- Work with Human Resources and sales leadership to recommend, hire, maintain, and terminate as needed personnel for each territory in your region.
- Provide high levels of communication with both the GI & Visualization Sales Management team, AVPs, VPs, President, Marketing, Corporate Account, Human Resources and all applicable corporate support teams.
- Maintain sales expense budget as set by corporate management, including management of all personal and rep expenses as well as assigned budgets within the region.
- Provide reporting as needed, which may include but not limited to: a monthly report, demand planning, sample tracking, weekly activity reports, comprehensive pipelines, forecasting, clinical training calendars, prior month's closes, losses, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure region pipelines are robust and updated consistently to ensure alignment with the Sales Plan.
- Provide consistent and accurate forecasting that is updated on an ongoing basis in CRM.
- Present quarterly business reviews regarding the state of the Region on a quarterly basis to the management team.
- Recommend and implement corporate sales strategy needed for complete region coverage and achievement of sales objectives.
- Maintain regular communications with distribution partners, Sales department and other department necessary to ensure attainment of objectives and facilitate problem resolutions.
- Perform and document any investigation regarding the disposition of any non- conforming process or component, and its effects on products manufactured and distributed by Ambu Inc., and relay results to the appropriate personnel.
- Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Ensure that all organizational activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Use standard method of transportation to travel to client locations.
- Perform written and verbal communications to correspond with clients and company personnel.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PPT, and CRM.
- 70%+ overnight travel to visit with Sales Representatives, Distributors/Dealers, Prospects, Customers, and to attend Regional, Corporate, and National Meetings.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of hiring and developing top talent.
- Provide consistent performance management of territory managers to ensure sales representatives are successful but also to terminate as necessary.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to clients.
- Maintain complete and accurate communication to AVP and VP of Sales at all times.
- Manage sales region within established expense levels.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of all documentation submitted to company.
- Provide timely submission of all required reports.
- Respond to problems, ideas, and solutions presented, in conjunction with corporate needs and policies.
- Provide leadership in a manner which does not distract from a positive working atmosphere and relays the commitment of Ambu to the individual.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and conduct in order to serve as a positive role model for employees.
- Provide advice and recommendations to assist the Sales Directors & Representatives in making sound decisions to ensure the maximum efficient use of all personnel and equipment based on the needs of the company.
- Maintain a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors, and their departmental personnel, at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all SOP's.
- Provide accurate, legible, and complete processing documentation.
- Follow the Ambu Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality agreement at all times.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous medical device sales experience, preferably in the GI related areas.
- 5 years of sales management experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or relevant field with five years of experience in a similar type of role, MBA preferred
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentations skills.
- C-Suite/VP level sales experience.
- Valid driver's license, in good standing.