Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) Intern (Summer)
- Columbia - Marketing - HEOR Intern
- Columbia, MD, USA
Reports to: Director, Health Economics and Market Access and dotted line to Health Economist
Job Classification: Non-exempt
Location of position: Columbia Office
Responsible for supporting Health Economist's activities and collaborating with our HEOR team, Director of Health Economics and Market Access, and Medical Director to support all stages of health economics, reimbursement, and market access initiatives while gaining broad experience in generating health economic evidence and tools. As an HEOR intern, you will provide support to the HEOR team as we address critical public health issues relating to medical devices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct budget impact analyses including: collaborating with stakeholders to gather information, applying basic economic evaluations standards, producing reports to communicate results.
- Support the HEOR team with daily tasks to include: impact evaluations, public policy analysis with a focus on health policy, special HEOR projects, expense reports, scheduling, and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Conduct literature reviews and meta-analyses.
- Support efforts to build economic models, such as cost-effectiveness and cost-comparison models, as well as accompanying tools and methods to communicate results to audiences of varying levels of expertise.
- Support ongoing studies with data science tasks to include: data entry, data validation/verification, data manipulation, and data analysis. There is the potential for this to expand into independent research and/or publication.
- Use standard office equipment to perform written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Current enrollment in a bachelor's or master's (preferred) degree in health economics, health policy, or related branch of study. A focus on public health, economic evaluation, epidemiology, medical devices/technology, or market access is a plus.
- Solid understanding of economic evaluation techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with data analysis tools (Stata, r, SAS, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with systematic or targeted literature reviews.
- Relevant work or previous health care systems experience is a plus.
- Passion for HEOR, public health, and health policy.
- Self-starter that can work independently
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page