IT Project Manager (Support)
- Columbia - Columbia - IT
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: IT Project Manager (Support)
Reports To: Director of Information Systems
Location: Columbia, MD
Ambu is a rapidly growing and successful MedTech company. As part of this exciting growth, we are currently seeking a highly experienced IT Project Manager who understands that IT project management is part project management, part technology operations, and part general management.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing wide-spread improvements and enhancements to the existing Commercial Operations architecture. As the IT PM, you will lead a dedicated development team in the optimization of data pipelines, data governance and data quality as part of Master Data Management, enhancement of core system interfaces as part of an enterprise integration platform, Lean process development, and applying IT best practices. You will ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. You will oversee multiple work streams and deliverables to successful completion by target date and document all aspects of the project in accordance with traditional project management methodologies. You will leverage your implementation experience to drive business and technical team execution, identify risks and proactively implementing mitigation plans. You will coordinate implementation phases with affected departments and develop strategies to navigate the company through change.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Define and execute project scope, goals, and deliverables to meet business objectives
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones. Deliver outcomes against approved estimates.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Set and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Facilitate workshops with US business users and stakeholders to capture agreed scope and prioritized business objectives
- Understand and articulate the project's business value and associated metrics.
- Collaborate directly with the solution architect and technical teams to assign, schedule, review and monitor technical development work.
- Manage team comprised of 7 or more direct reports.
- Manage alignment with enterprise leadership in Denmark on project approvals. Ensure integrity of solution within enterprise architecture and data model.
- Collaborate with Director of IT on solution architecture decisions, Denmark enterprise alignment, and business stakeholder engagement. Sole discretion on running development team, managing 3rd party vendor relationships, and executing approved solution implementation.
- Organize and lead meetings / communications with third party vendors and customers, to identify scope / dependencies.
- Manage and track risks appropriately, escalating issues with a focus on root case resolution and sustainable solutions.
- Provide guidance and support to team members on IT best practices
- Manage professional communication and working relationships within the project team
- Manage commonalities / differences within the team members' values and problem-solving styles to generate multiple alternatives in leading the team to achieve the shared goal.
- As part of initial onboarding and training, there will be an anticipated 1-2 weeks travel to Denmark to work with the headquartered technical teams. Following that, no foreseeable need for travel.
- Perform ad hoc duties as needed
- Assist in the translation of business requirements into practical IT solutions that can be implemented. Provide technical guidance, suggestions and expertise to the project team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years' work experience in a software implementation project management capacity
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (preferred, but not required)
- Proficient in producing analysis and testing documents and development of test plans
- Previous experience working with a medical device company is preferred, but not required
- Hands-on project management, must be able to execute the entire project lifecycle from concept to deployment
- Strong problem solving skills in project management, solution delivery, and personnel management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal form
- Proven success in developing client relationships and managing expectations
- Strong attention to detail
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page