Human Resource Assistant (temporary assignment, 3-6 months)
- Columbia - Columbia - HR
- Columbia, MD, USA
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Location: Columbia, MD
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager. Primarily responsibile for new hire orientation, verification and tracking of employment documents, filing and maintenance of personnel and compliance records, as well as the recruitment process for the Columbia Headquarters.
- Provide administrative support for the Human Resources Department
- Explain employee policies, benefits, and procedures to employees and/or job applicants.
- Maintain, process, verify, and complete documentation (hard copy and electronic) related to activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, performance management, and compensation
- Complete new hire paperwork and compliance tracking, (I-9 completion and filing) while complying with all government-mandated reporting, forms, and filing requirements; specifically maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Maintain company's job board by posting and closing job opportunities
- Screen all incoming applications for work history, education, training, skills and personal qualifications
- Recommend candidates based off meeting job qualifications and fitting into company culture to HRB and Hiring Manager
- Arrange interviews by coordinating schedules with all parties including candidates, HRB, Hiring Manager, etc.
- Support all Human Resource sponsored employee events coordination.
- Provide effective and timely resolution for a range of employee inquiries.
- Assist with Vendor Credentialing data entry and follow-up
- Properly escalate concerns and problems to applicable levels of management
- Using standard computer equipment/keyboard, perform computer entry functions.
- Using standard phone equipment, receive and send calls.
- Provide verbal and written communication.
- Analyze data output.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and two to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents of instruction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Strong dedication to furthering corporate goals and objectives
- Ability to communicate HRS Systems to end users
- Positive attitude and exceptional customer focus
- Familiarity with HR employment practice laws.
- Familiarity with Application Tracking System software and resume databases
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page