Process Technician - 2nd Shift
- - Molding - 31
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Full Time
The objective of this position is to ensure our processes are being set up, adjusted and supported as validated and specified by qualified personnel.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for setting up parameters on mold and extrusion machines.
- Responsible for doing change overs of mold and extrusion machines.
- Responsible for securing all parameters are aligned with the ones specified during validation.
- Ensure installations and utilities are set as specified.
- Responsible to document the setup, the parameters and the tools used.
- Responsible to support operators and leadership when issues occur on the lines.
- Responsible to analyze and solve issues in the process.
- Perform inspections as specified.
- Responsible to clean tools before returning them to the tool shop.
- Responsible to do preventive maintenance as specified.
- Keep molding and extrusion machines clean at all times.
- Ensue the daily production schedule is followed.
- Verify machines set up at the beginning of each shift.
- Strictly follow SOPs.
- Ensure compliance of all safety, rules and standards at all times in processes.
- Quick and effective diagnosis and troubleshooting of routine or minor problems.
- Provide technical support to all projects and assist to reduce defects.
- Participate in various process projects and provide research for all developmental teams.
- Ability to work overtime per company policy to meet product demand.
- Routinely lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
- Standing as needed for up to an extended period of time in order to perform assigned tasks.
- To stop manufacturing when quality specifications cannot be met.
- To change processes within the validated window.
- To change tools during change over or to solve an issue.
- Involve maintenance, tool room, leadership and / or engineering when needed.
This is a manufacturing facility and as a result, employees have the potential to be exposed to noise, chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, machinery, vibration or other workplace hazards controlled within compliance of current safety and health standards.
- Highschool education or equivalent.
- Technical degree preferred.
- 5 years of work experience with molding and / or extrusion.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and otherwise communicate in English with sufficient fluency.