Business Ethics and Compliance Officer
- - Columbia - Legal
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Full Time
Ambu – a visionary and international workplace where your efforts matter
Are you looking for the opportunity to contribute to an innovative, growing organization as a trusted advisor and Business Ethics and Compliance Business Partner?
Ambu is a global Med Tech company experiencing rapid expansion and ambitious growth targets. We meet these targets by living our values of Results with Speed, Collaboration, and Integrity. Our ability to identify and develop innovative products and to ensure we are maintaining our high ethical standards and living up to global and local Compliance requirements is essential for our continuous growth within our business areas.
As a member of our Global Business Ethics and Compliance organization, you will have a unique opportunity to tangibly impact our growth and success and to influence the development of Business Ethics and Compliance in a company where Integrity is non-negotiable.
Ensure company compliance
As the Business Ethics and Compliance Officer, working closely with the NA Management Team, you will report to the Director, Corporate Business Ethics & Compliance and support the development, implementation, and maintenance Ambu's Corporate Business Ethics and Compliance Management System. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the business ethics and compliance program in North America, including promoting, monitoring, and auditing of compliance with the applicable national laws and regulations, industry standards, and Ambu's Code of Conduct, Policies, and Procedures.
Primary areas of responsibility will be:
- Advise and support the U.S. management teams in relation to integrity and business ethics & compliance.
- Serve as chair of the Local Compliance Committees, including scheduling meetings and developing meeting agendas.
- Develop, coordinate, and document Ambu's annual and targeted compliance-related educational and training programs, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate written policies and procedures to address existing and new compliance risk areas.
- Assist, respond to and investigate alleged and suspected violations of laws and regulations, industry standards, Ambu's Code of Conduct, Policies, and Procedures, conduct root cause analyses and take documented corrective action, including disciplinary action, where appropriate, and oversee a system of uniform handling of such violations.
- Contribute to global compliance projects in collaboration with the Global Business Ethics & Compliance team.
Our next team member will bring a solutions oriented and proactive approach that balances Commercial goals and Compliance risks with a strong personal drive that enables you to work at strategic, tactical, and operational levels and execute on agreed initiatives. He/she must have proven analytical capabilities, judgment, and excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask and work well under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate has the demonstrated ability to maintain strong working relationships while managing competing priorities with both internal and external clients. Additionally, a high level of adaptability is required to facilitate collaboration with internal stakeholders, including Legal, Finance, HR, Sales, and Marketing. He/she can work independently and in a team environment with local and global Business Ethics and Compliance and Legal teams. As Global Business Ethics and Compliance function is a new and developing function, the areas of responsibility are expected to grow along with you.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree a plus) and at least 3-5 years of experience as a trusted advisor and business partner within a Compliance function. Healthcare industry experience is highly desirable. Once travel resumes, he/she should expect approximately 10-15 travel days per year to attend regional business meetings and to meet with your Business Ethics and Compliance colleagues.
In addition to exciting job challenges and continuous professional and personal development, we offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Care, 401(k), paid leave programs, and an Open PTO policy. To provide our employees with the right level of support in this rapidly changing environment, we offer our employees flexible working and a hybrid model that combines remote and onsite working.
For more information about the position, please contact our US Human Resources team at USMD-HR@ambu.com.
If you are interested in the position, then please apply as soon as possible.