Lead, Materials Handling - 2nd Shift
- - Warehouse - 41
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Full Time
The objective of this position is to support manufacturing with adequate supplies, adequate support and direction for operators and to ensure all directions are followed, including time, output, specifications, cooperation and decisions. Further is the objective to support shift leadership, through monitoring and reporting line performance and actions taken to improve.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Ensure the planned MO's are being manufactured in the order they are scheduled.
- Report Manufacturing Orders into Movex.
- Ensure adequate staffing of all areas on the lines and that the needed training is performed.
- Responsible for maintaining a good working environment on the lines.
- Responsible to resolve or escalate all conflicts on the lines.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are treated equally and with respect.
- Addresses employee concerns, escalating concerns to the proper personnel when necessary and following up with employees during this process.
- Monitors productivity and performance levels of the team in relation to production targets and quality levels.
- Ensure all processing steps are performed in accordance with manufacturing specifications (work orders) and production procedures.
- Ensures that information related to quality problems or nonconforming product is communicated to those directly responsible for assuring the quality of such product or the prevention of such problems.
- Ability to write legibly and perform written documentation in compliance with all document control procedures and GDP (Good Documentation Practices).
- Ensures that the manufacturing team is trained to and properly fills out the DHR (Device History Record) accurately and legibly.
- Ensure traceability of product by ensuring the manufacturing team is correctly identifying product by lot- and part number, and ensure retraining is done if mistakes are made.
- Oversee and supports sort and rework activities on product as specified.
- Ensures that production personnel are aware of and are wearing proper Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Ensures that operators follow the gowning procedure and practicing good personal hygiene and health in order to prevent contamination of product and maintain product integrity.
- Ability to work overtime per company policy to meet product demand.
- Foster an environment of open communication with all employees.
- Support training functions and support the Lead, Training when needed.
- Ensure the team has the production supplies and tools necessary to perform their production duties.
- Responsible for reporting production lines performance on daily basis.
- Responsible for escalation of or actions on poor line performance or downtime to production leadership for resolution.
- Support the team in ensuring that workstations remain clean, organized and safe.
- Responsible to solve or escalate any safety concerns to the appropriate personnel.
- Monitor and ensure the specified rotation of all team members.
- Communicate to the appropriate personnel any problem, idea, or solution which pertains to manufacturing and/or its interaction with other departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all documentation related to incoming or outgoing product is correct per the specifications.
- Ensures that all tickets received from other areas of manufacturing for Work Orders are received and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that completed product is collected from all areas of manufacturing and stored in the designated location.
- Stop production when product is not meeting the quality specifications.
- Discard products that have been damaged, contaminated or do not conform to product specifications.
- Make recommendations on employee discipline as necessary to shift supervision.
- Summon maintenance technicians as needed.
- Report safety, quality or other concerns on the line side or department boards and responsible personnel.
This is a manufacturing facility and as a result, employees have the potential to be exposed to noise, chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, machinery, vibration or other workplace hazards controlled within compliance of current safety and health standards.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Experience working in the medical device industry preferred.
- Ability to distinguish color.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk regularly throughout the workday.
- Ability to routinely lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page