- - Tool Room -52
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Ambu provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Responsible for precision machining of tooling, set-up of machining operations for CNC machines, and performing preventative maintenance (PM) of tooling. Assist with designs for tooling, fixtures and manufacturing equipment.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and incorporate best safety practices into all tasks.
- Set-up machining operations for CNC machines and manual machine tools.
- Required to build tooling and fixtures from detailed 2D drawings
- Provide design inputs for tooling and fixtures.
- Regularly use advanced applied math skills.
- Frequently expected to plan workflow for projects and maintain project timelines.
- Perform PM's on all existing tooling.
- Maintain inventory of related tooling supplies and spare parts.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Perform and coordinate fabrication of items needed support production.
- Machine, polish and fit parts as needed.
- Always keep work area organized and clean.
- Complete all tasks while following appropriate SOP's.
- Operation of basic hand tools and powered polishing / deburring equipment.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Work without close supervision.
- Organize workflow for Tooling Technician.
- Mentor and provide skills training to Tooling Technician.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Maintenance and Production for continuous improvements in Manufacturing.
- Training on SOP's, forms and documents pertinent to position.
- Able to setup and operate all manual machine tools (mill, lathe, surface grinder, EDM, etc.)
- Able to setup and operate CNC machine tools (mill, EDM)
- Edit CNC programs as needed.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and precision measuring tools.
- Able to work from detailed 2D blueprints or concept sketches.
- Create concept sketches and collaborate with designers on final tool designs.
- Stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Stop manufacturing for any tooling related reason that would jeopardize product quality
This is a manufacturing facility and as a result, employees have the potential to be exposed to noise, chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, machinery, vibration or other workplace hazards controlled within compliance of current safety and health standards.
- Trade school or equivalent work experience
- Ability to read detailed 2D mechanical drawings
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media