Sales Compensation Process and Data Manager (Hybrid)
- Columbia - Finance
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Sales Compensation Process and Data Manager (Hybrid)
Reports To: Director, Commercial Finance
Location: Columbia, MD (Hybrid)
Position Summary: Are you looking to make a difference in your career and become part of an innovative, global medical device company? Ambu is the industry leader in single-use endoscopy, and we develop, produce, and sell medical devices that enable physicians and medical professionals to save lives on a daily basis. We are led by our values of Customer Centricity, Integrity, and Collaboration. If you are excited by the idea of contributing in a fast-paced, fast-growing, international organization where your work can make a real difference, we want you to join our team.
The Sales Compensation Process and Data Manager will support a growing and highly productive sales organization using the latest sales tools and processes for incentive compensation (IC), sales reporting, and territory design. In this role, you will manage one incentive compensation analyst and work closely with the US Sales Leadership team and the CRM team to ensure proper commission plan setup, payments, and data integrity of sales tracings.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Sales compensation focus:
- Lead and manage the full end-to-end incentive compensation process with a focus on goal setting, reporting, and data integrity/accuracy but also including IC plan design, administration, communication, awards/contests, and IC governance.
- Set up, maintain, and modify sales territories and provide a comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions using geographic information software.
- Research and resolve commission-related inquiries from the sales reps and managers, including transaction questions, and credit and payment calculations.
- Provide recommendations on plan design based upon desired outcomes and analytics on ad-hoc promotions and changes to plans
- Prepare and deliver executive summaries for sales incentive plan design and effectiveness throughout the year
System data and process focus:
- Act as business owner and expert of sales commission system (ICM)
- Establishes standards to measure completeness of data, including process documentation, audit processes and procedures, overpayment/underpayment processes and administration of special deals.
- Monitor and analyze sales transaction data to identify data issues and ensure accurate sales compensation.
- Maintain master data to ensure correct sales reporting and commission calculations
- Collaborate cross function to develop and maintain customer hierarchy completeness, accuracy, and process for updating.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in commercial operations or related field, with 3+ years of sales compensations experience, preferred
- Analytical mindset with strong experience in Excel and other data analytics including database tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, PowerPivot, Acumen/TM1, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience using and creating complex financial models, including but not limited to quota setting, payment and attainment forecasting, and Monte Carlo analysis
- Incentive compensation management and program design experience; experience with Varicent ICM preferred
- Strong analytical, financial control and reporting skills. With the ability to properly communicate findings clearly to leadership
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Initiative – able to work with limited direction
- Ability to adhere to 50/50 remote work schedule
Employment at Ambu is contingent upon being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be required. Requests for a religious or medical exemption from mandatory vaccination may be granted, if applicable, and subject to reasonable accommodation(s).
Ambu provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page